Wednesday, November 19, 2008

in my bed i am a starfish


as odd as this sounds i have written prose in adoration of my bed.
i adore it. here are examples of those tributes....again, i did say odd.


in my bed i am a starfish
spreading out....
floating on my own
feather downy sea
arms flung wide
legs sprawled
body
wriggling into
the flannel goodness
and puffy down 5" mattress
fluffy
enveloping
nesting
wide
open
restful
covered by a down comforter
light, fluffy, and warm
my bed is princess and the pea style
taller than most....
i have to hop to
get into it
3 layers
but once i'm there...
it's soooo good


---------
tonight
i will sink deeply
into 5" of a new down mattress
with a fill power of 500
the cover has a thread count of 300
and sooo fluffy and high
placed on top of my other
feather mattress it now is
about 7" thick....
and my bed now comes up to my
waist...i'll have to jump
into it tonight....then
sink...and feel it fluff
about me....
a new down comforter covering me
(it was a set..the down mattress
with down comforter!) of me
will surround me in
feathery
goodness...
a veritable bower
floating
like cloud

mmmmmm sweet dreams

No comments: