Since i have a few friends who after reading this blog & talking to me, now want to see this wondrous place of New Babbage, Caledon, Silent's Folly and Second Life...
here's a helpful box of FREE items that can be found in New Babbage Square!
Found Here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/
(pray note, kind reader: the SLURL won't work if you don't belong already to Second Life)
What is Second Life?
somehow you stumbled across my blog somehow or want to know more....the BEST visual representation of the beauty of Second Life made by Oolon Sputnik
(might as well get used to the funky names of SL...really....now! LOL)
No One Likes Being a Newbie!
It just feels icky~ you feel stoopid, you don't want to stick out and you want to be in the know (fast!) and cool!....and SL does take a committment of wandering to work...so IMHO the most impt. thing to get used to SL is to just on your own at your own speed...spend time wandering in SL after going through orientation island...as you wander you learn! find free skin...free clothes... walk, look, learn, explore and discover...get comfortable! it doesn't happen in one visit....or two...but once it "clicks" for you i think you will love it! i paid for most everything i have...i have a few free things...but i set up my paypal right away and bought linden dollars so i could go shopping!
To help you get started in SL...i couldn't begin to list here all the sites out there to help the new traveler to the in-world lands... but here are a few suggestions:
- the Official Second Life Getting Started Wiki
- the Official Second Life Video Tutorials
- 300+ Fun and Informative Videos by Torley Linden can be found on YouTube
- go on YouTube and do a search for Second Life Tutorial, Tips, or Getting Started i found about 900! or check out a few i found for you below!
- Bryan Ford's Introduction to Second Life
- Introduction to Second Life
- Newbie Tips: Basic Skills in Second Life
i'm not an official one (yet) but there are MANY who are~ and i've learned SO much from them!
check out the Ning started by Zoe Connolly called Second Life Bloggers.... not to join (yet!) but to find the links to those that are blogging on topics that are important to you. maybe if i keep up this blog (yeah, see how many posts i did since it was started 2 years ago!) eep~ i'll join SL bloggers until then...here are a few....of a gagillion!
- SL Trip Tips Caledon Blogs - where to go what to see in Steampunk Caledon
- Mermaid Diaries of Natalia Zelmanov and that also includes the
- Natalia's Getting Started in Second Life Guide this was one of the first blogs i stumbled upon when i got serious about getting comfortable and competent in SL it was quite a project for me because i HATE feeling stooopid!
- SL Travel Guide (Siteseeing/Exploring) also by Natalia
i am one of those people...