Sunday, May 10, 2009

Stocking Clad Nether Limbs Aloft! Miss Autopilot Poppy Puts on a New Exhibit


well darling readers & friends....i've made it..past the first 2 auditions!!...and i was honored to spend a few hours in the studio with the super talented Miss Autopilot Poppy expert photographer of Caledon.

it all started with this notecard:

Stockings!

hmmm does that conjure up pictures in your mind?

great! You may be the Stockings model I'm looking for...

I have a project in mind for an exhibit and a book with the theme and title of Stockings! I'm looking for 12 models. The shots will be revealing, fun, cute, sexy, really risque or that somewhere in between.

I'd like a variety of avatar forms

I am going to audition on Saturday, April 18 at 11 am SLT and will make my selection within the next week if possible with the shooting to begin immediately afterward in a studio setting. You can use your poses or mine. If you cannot make this audition we can to it individually at a time convenient to you.

*** NOTICE*** If you are interested in this project, please send me a notecard with the title being: Stockings - (your name) - and a time and date you might be available for this audition. PLEASE do not IM me as they have been getting capped again...:) ty

I am willing to use your ideas or my own on these shots so be creative if you wish!

this exhibit will go up the middle of May and after the exhibit the images will not be sold again but the book will be available after the exhibit and will be given to the Library, too.

Regards,

Miss Poppy ^..^

of course, knowing my fettish...erg...love for all things lingerie! to the point where i had to learn how to make boyshorts so i could wear my favourite garters & stockings under my gowns for the chance to "accidently" show them off when sitting...Ooops!...so, i HAD to try out for this!

Miss Poppy is a dream to work with! she took my picture for the Merry Widow RFL 2007
Pinup Calendar


so, to have a chance to model for her once more...!!?? sign me up! this is the outfit i auditioned in..a Viv Trafalgar Lovelace Pocket watch Tophat, Miss Cutea Grim Bros. Miss Montez gown with tule skirt & Uber Curlie Cue shoes, and my Twittery Bird Silent Sparrow undercrackers..i was ready!

......it was a great (and FAST!) auditon...where Red shamelessly flaunted her limbs clad in silk and ribbons...and then i waited...seemed like FOREVER! but i was patient and finally got this notecard!
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

I apologize for keeping you all waiting. I have finally reached a decision on the models I'll be using for the next portion of the Stockings! project.

This has been such a hard selection. I want to use all of you but, alas, just cannot keep doing that...

This next phase will be the actual studio shoots. From there I will be narrowing the exhibit down again so be aware that you may or may not be used in the exhibit at this point.

and so... the fun part of shooting begins... Instead of doing the Calendar thing... I'm going to establish times that I will be in the studio and ask you to come by during those times. I encourage any of you to come watch, offer ideas, critique... the creative aspect of these is so important as you all know and I could certainly use your help. I'd be happy to photograph two, three, four. as many as you want into one photo too... the sky is the limit, so to speak as long as it's in good taste and artsy.

Here are the times I will be available for photo shoots at the studio here:

Daily: 10am - 12noon. SLT (not 4/24)
2pm - 5pm SLT
9pm - 12 midnight SLT (not 4/24)

I will be at the studio these times so just teleport in and we'll accomodate you. There may be times when I'm not able to be there due to RL. If that happens I will leave a poster on the studio backdrop. I'll also be happy to schedule an appointment with you if that works best for you. I'm looking forward to this, people... It's going to be the best exhibit yes, imho!

The models I selected are:
Annechen
Autopilotpatty
Birdsan
Darlingmonster
deyanira Yalin
Eppie
Erasmus
Eugenia
Gabrielle & Azul
Hyacinth
Kamilah
Kit
Lavendar
Minerva
Mystery
Lumi
Searra
Teaa
Terry
Red .......!!!!!!!!!
Veles
Vulpine
The Caledon Cat Brigade
SO..OMG! OMG! did you see that? Red! that's me! i made it~! [dances around] Caledon people have always been so kind to me since i came to her shores over a year ago! and when i got lured into the clutches of New Babbage i was still welcomed into the Independant State of Caledon as a friend and neighbor...the Guvnah himself even making me an Oxbridge Professor...but this! this was Big! now...to the photo shoot....i got to wear a few different outfits and knowing the final product would be turned Sepia i went with a black and white theme

in this shot i'm wearing my Viv Trafalgar's Velut Hiber Steam Gown,

which Miss Poppy admired so much i later gifted her with it as a thank you from SLEX (NOT shameless bribe! NEVER!) i sometimes have bad impulse control with my friends and htose i like & admire. so with a lovely black and white sooty steampunky urban scene backdrop and a sheepskin rug i pose laying down, legs aloft!

...i'm also wearing my Whybrow pearl bracelet and Terry Lightfoot Domino Noir 1885 Victorian Bustle Dress ~ To-a-T ~ undercrackers...to die for diamond pane stockings, delightful garters, fun polka dot boy shorts, and ribbons! in my hand i have a Caliber riding crop, on my feet the Grim Bros. Uber Curlie Cue shoes (Cutea is a genuis! i've blogged about these shoes before...i can't help myself!) and to top it all off my longtime beloved Nonna Hedges Polka Dotted veiled tophat.

(click for full size and to see the amazing stockings and amusing polka dotted undercrackers!)

In another shot (not posting it here) i remove my gown and i'm wearing a BlakOpal full corset, and the
Domino Noir 188Italic5 Victorian Bustle Dress ~ To-a-T ~ polka dotted undercrackers and a smile......so..did i make the NEXT cut??? i didn't know! i hoped!

i got this:
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

Well, the shooting is nearly finished.. I have a few yet who I have not connected with but I am so pleased with the results so far.

The purpose of this notecard is to emphasize how much I appreciate all of you having confidence in me for putting your image on exhibit. As I have always made clear I want each of you to be comfortable with what is shown. I emphasize again that I never want any of you to pose in any way that you do not want to.. clothing, pose, background, whatever the case... If any of you have second thoughts about your shoots... PLEASE let me know. I am planning on a preview party for you of the exhibit possibly as early as the May 18/19. This will be a private party but you may bring one guest if you wish. Then, promote, promote, promote! :)

As I've mentioned before, not everyone selected to model will be in the exhibit. I'm sure you realize that having so many portaits as I've done in the past takes away from the impact of the exhibit.

Those of you who have not yet been photographed, please contact me asap to schedule a session of at least 1 1/2 hours. If you have thoughts on what you'd like to see, please do not hesitate to tell me..:) Creativeness is a big plus!

***Special Note: As a plug for RFL...***
Caledon people are awesome... I have been nominated for the Renn Faire Queen... You may vote as often as you like at the vendor sign in Loch Avie at the RFL vendor area. All L$s used for voting go to RFL... so, open up those pocket books and donate as you are able and for whom you would like to see win the King and Queen of the Renn Faire.

Again,, you cannot know how much I appreciate all of you and the great work that you have done for me this time and in past exhibits. Love you all!!

Regards,
Miss Poppy

Annechen
Autopilotpatty
Birdsan
Darlingmonster
deyanira Yalin
Eppie
Erasmus
Eugenia
Gabrielle & Azul
Gematria
Hyacinth
Kamilah
Kitlalmina
Langain
Lavendar
Magdalena
Minerva
Mystery
Lumi
Searra
Teaa
Terry
Trun
Redgirl....!! OMG! that's ME! i was picked again!...Wooohoo!!
Veles
Vulpine
The Caledon Cat Brigade (one group has been done)
oh and here's Sera's gorgeous Calendar Pinup!

i'd share dear Reghan's but she was one of the most daring and was only wearing...a HAT!
nips, i say! nips!
and now the final announcement for the Exhibit Opening Party & Show

GREETINGS FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS

STOCKINGS!

hmmm does that conjure up pictures in your mind? Christmas? pretty little anklets? long legged women? hmmmmmmm endless pictures running through you mind now?

May 23rd is a date you will want to remember... At 11 am - 2 pm SLT I will be unveiling this much talked about exhibit featuring an array of folks from Caledon and the wonderful allies we associate ourselves with.

Dancing to DJ Poppy's music - dress up in those wonderful gowns and show some stocking legs for this one!!

Here's the SLURL to her Gallery

(Auditions were held onSaturday April 18th and are now closed for this project. If you missed this one, be sure to watch for other projects coming up soon. I'd love to have you join us in an upcoming exhibit.) It is important to note that not all those selected to model will have their portrait exhibited. I will be selecting a much smaller number of this exhibit. All of the people who have volunteered - I just can't thank each and everyone enough for always helping make these exhibits so successful and entertaining to our community.


Regards,

Miss Poppy ^..^
So please go! and see if i was chosen and up on the wall..[crossing excited fingers] representing New Babbage, Steampunks & Pirates everywhere!

UPDATE!
Miss Poppy has moved to Wheatstone!

No comments: